Have you been seriously injured due to someone else’s actions? You may be entitled to compensation. However, claiming what you deserve could take more than a simple phone call to an insurance company. Don’t let the idea of building a personal injury case intimidate you out of pursuing the compensation you need.
A personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you build your case. If your accident took place in Marion, Ohio, our team can serve you and begin taking steps to prepare your case. We offer free consultations, which can allow you to discuss your situation with a member of our team at no charge or obligation.
You May Be Able to Demand Compensation for Various Types of Damages
As an accident victim, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for multiple types of damages. Part of the benefit of working with a personal injury lawyer from our team is that they can inform you about damages you might not have considered worthy of recovering.
Some examples of compensable damages include:
- Medical care bills, including expenses you may have to cover for medical treatment in the future
- Lost wages and benefits, including anticipated income loss if your injuries are long-term or permanent
- Pain and suffering, which can pertain to physical or emotional pain
- Emotional distress, which can involve depression, anxiety, and insomnia triggered by your accident
- Property damage expenses to repair a vehicle or replace it entirely if it was totaled
- Damages related to living with a permanent or long-term disability or physical disfigurement
- Other changes in your relationships, hobbies, and lifestyle that diminished your quality of life overall
However, if you are pursuing compensation from an insurance company, insurance representatives may try to weaken your claim to protect the company’s policy. To help assert what you may be entitled to collect, a personal injury lawyer from our team can serve as your representative in Marion.
How we Fight for Your Compensation
As your legal team, we will take certain steps to build your case in an effort to convince the insurance company or judge and jury why you are entitled to the compensation you claim. This may involve:
- Collecting evidence and information that demonstrates how the accident happened, who caused it, and the damages it created
- Interviewing witnesses who can provide testimony for your case
- Consulting expert witnesses who can either provide analysis to support your claims about the accident or testify about compensation you may be entitled to for certain damages
- Handling communications with interested parties, such as the insurance company or the opposing party’s legal attorney, to protect your case
- Negotiating with the insurance company and advocating for your interests
Beyond this, our team will be available to give you advice throughout your legal journey, even if your case ends up going to court. Though we may be able to settle your case outside of court, our team will do whatever is necessary to pursue compensation on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Marion, call 614-545-3930
Personal Injury Cases in Ohio Must Adhere to a Strict Filing Deadline
Ohio’s statute of limitations, Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §2305.10, sets the general filing deadline for all personal injury cases, though some exceptions do apply. According to this statute, you generally have two years from the date of the accident that caused your injury to file your case.
Exceptions to this rule may pertain to cases involving medical malpractice, product liability, and minors as the plaintiff. Your filing deadline may also be shorter than this general window period if you are filing against a municipality.
Wrongful Death Cases Have Their Own Deadline
If the injured party did not survive their accident, surviving family members may file for compensation on their behalf. However, the filing deadline for wrongful death cases varies slightly. Per ORC §2125.02, you generally have two years from the victim’s death to file your case.
With wrongful death cases, surviving family members may pursue additional damages not mentioned earlier, such as costs for funeral arrangements, medical debts, and loss of financial support from the deceased.
Consequences for Filing Your Case Late
If you do not submit your personal injury or wrongful death case on time, you may risk:
- Having your case dismissed by a judge for tardiness
- Giving the opposing party leverage to deny paying compensation since you filed past the legal window period
- Having to pay for your damages yourself due to being barred from pursuing compensation
Our team can monitor how long you have to file your case so that you can continue your legal pursuit of compensation. However, the earlier you get in touch with our team, the earlier we may be able to conduct other time-sensitive services, such as collecting evidence before it expires or gets destroyed.
Do not hesitate to start building your case as soon as possible. We are ready to get to work for you.
Marion Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Our Legal Team Handles Various Types of Personal Injury Cases in Marion
Our legal team handles a wide range of personal injury cases, including cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle crashes
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
Our law firm also helps victims of sexual abuse. Should you want to discuss your case privately with one of our team members, our phone lines are open to you.
Our Team has a History of Winning Compensation for Accident Victims
Our legal team at the Fitch Law Firm LLC has been helping accident victims for over 30 years, and we’ve built a track record of success in securing compensation for our clients. Some of our case results include:
- $3,150,000 for a premises liability case involving a man who accidentally ingested herbicide that was put in a Pepsi bottle and left in the fridge
- $2,650,000 for a medical malpractice case involving a mother who went into respiratory arrest due to improper medical care, leading to her child suffering an injury at birth
- $1,450,000 for a car accident case involving a victim who suffered leg and ankle fractures, forcing them to lose an extensive amount of income
Our team aims to fight for the compensation you need to recover from your damages. Whether your case involves negotiating with insurance companies or fighting it out in court, our legal team is prepared to advocate for your interests and argue for what is fair for you.
Call the Fitch Law Firm LLC to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney on Our Team
If you or someone in your family suffered an injury in Marion, Ohio, contact the Fitch Law Firm LLC today and get a consultation with one of our team members at no charge. Call today.