Dog bites can happen to anyone and anywhere. You can suffer an attack at someone’s home, in a public place such as a park, at work, on the way to work, and elsewhere.
If you were hurt by someone else’s dog in Columbus, Ohio, a dog bite lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to help you pursue compensation in a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. The potentially recoverable damages in this type of case may include your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
To learn more about our services and your legal options in a free case review with a member of our team, call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today. We represent our clients on a contingency fee basis with no upfront fees or payments required.
How Ohio’s Dog Bite Laws Can Affect Your Case
Ohio’s laws regarding dog attacks are located in Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §955.28. This law indicates the ways in which a dog owner may be liable for the injuries their dog causes when it attacks someone else.
In general, you may be able to recover compensation in a dog bite case if you can prove the following elements:
- That the animal in question attacked you
- That you were not trespassing when you were attacked
- That because of the negligence of the owner or caretaker of the dog, you suffered the attack
- That the attack led to physical, mental, emotional, financial, or other losses to you
The Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you collect evidence of the above elements when we represent you. This evidence may include surveillance camera footage, the statements of eyewitnesses, medical bills, photos of your injuries, and more.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Columbus, call 614-545-3930
We Work for You on a No-Win, No-Fee Basis
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we can represent you on a contingency-fee-basis, where you are not obligated to pay us attorney fees:
- Starting up
- Out of pocket
We won’t charge you a dime unless and until we help you recover compensation via a settlement offer or court award. There is no risk involved, so you have nothing to lose when you choose us to be your legal advocates.
To discuss your case for free with a member of our team, call The Fitch Law Firm LLC.
Columbus Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
How a Dog Bite Lawyer on Our Team Can Help You Fight to Win
When we work together, a Columbus lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to manage all of the legal work in your dog bite case. In general, our firm may be able to:
- Handle all communications and paperwork in your case
- Identify the parties you may be able to hold responsible for the attack
- Collect evidence of their liability
- Estimate the value of your damages
- Interview bystanders and eyewitnesses who saw the attack unfold
- Submit your personal injury insurance claim and/or lawsuit by the filing deadline
- Negotiate on your behalf with the at-fault party’s insurer and work toward a settlement
- Represent you at trial if a settlement cannot be reached
Throughout this process, the Fitch Law Firm LLC can also answer your questions and keep you updated on your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
Damages That May Be Available in a Dog Bite Case
Depending on the nature of your accident and your injuries, the potentially recoverable damages in a personal injury case may include, but are not limited to:
- Your current and future costs of medical treatment: They might cover hospitalizations, surgeries, prescribed medications, lab tests, and follow-up appointments.
- Lost wages for the time when your recovery process forced you to miss work: Compensation can make up for your hourly rate, vacation days, and other benefits.
- Property damage: Your belongings might have been damaged when the dog attack you.
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain you’re experiencing can keep you from going about your daily routine.
- Scarring and disfigurement: The dog bite might have altered your appearance or compromised your overall mobility.
Tragically, some dog attacks are fatal. If you lost a loved one in a dog attack, you may have the right to seek compensation. A different set of damages may be available to surviving family members in a wrongful death claim, such as funeral expenses, burial fees, and your loss of consortium.
If the attack was the result of the carelessness, recklessness, or negligence of a dog owner or caretaker, the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to help you pursue compensation in a wrongful death case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Time Is Limited to Sue for a Dog Bite Injury in Ohio
A failure to take action by the deadline that applies to your lawsuit could mean that your case gets dismissed. However, if your child was under 18 years old and was a victim of such an incident, the statute of limitations might be tolled and start up on their 18th birthday.
The Fitch Law Firm LLC encourages you to call us as soon as possible after your accident. The sooner you call us, the sooner we may be able to start working on your case.
Dog Bite Injuries You Can Include in Your Claim
A dog attack can lead to injuries such as:
- Abrasions, lacerations, bruises, and puncture wounds
- Broken and fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial disfigurement and scarring
- Rabies and other viral illnesses
- Mental and emotional trauma
These injuries can be expensive to treat, and you may have to undergo multiple treatments or even surgery after an attack, depending on the severity of your injuries. That is why it is best to seek medical attention as soon as you can after a dog bite—even if you don’t think it’s that serious.
You could develop an infection, such as rabies, and the longer you go without seeing a doctor, the more your condition can worsen.
Our Clients Speak to Our Commitment to Helping You
We have helped thousands of clients throughout Ohio recover compensation for their losses. Their testimonials speak to how we treat them and keep their cases a top priority.
- “My family and I were very pleased with my experience with the Fitch Law Firm. They were very kind, caring and compassionate and made our entire process run very smooth while making sure we were comfortable and understood…” – Derik W.
- “I would not hesitate to recommend John Fitch for legal advice! From our first meeting, he has been very courteous, professional and genuinely cares about my situation…” – Brandy M.
Call the Attorneys at the Fitch Law Firm LLC Today
The Fitch Law Firm LLC believes that negligent dog owners should be held responsible when their animals attack. If you were hurt by someone else’s dog, a Columbus dog bite lawyer from our firm may be able to fight for compensation on your behalf.
To discuss your case for free with a member of our team, call the Fitch Law Firm LLC.