If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle collision, a Marion motorcycle accident lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC will represent you in the fight for justice and compensation. Our team is proud to serve residents of Marion and other communities throughout Ohio. If you retain our legal counsel, we can identify the liable party, build a case against them, and collect evidence of your damages to present in settlement negotiations or at trial.
Our team of attorneys will be there to fight for compensation on your behalf. To learn more about the motorcycle accident services we offer at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, you can speak with a team member today during a free consultation. If you hire us, our attorneys will start on your case and serve you on a contingency fee basis. This means no upfront payments are necessary.
Proving Who Is Liable For a Marion, OH, Motorcycle Accident
One of the benefits of hiring our team is that we will investigate the crash and build a solid case while you recover or tend to your family. Some collision cases are straightforward, while others involve many factors that can complicate the claims or lawsuit process.
Either way, our attorneys can put in the time and resources to sort out what happened and who is responsible by:
- Requesting access to nearby traffic or surveillance cameras
- Interviewing witnesses
- Compiling medical records
- Reviewing the accident report
- Examining photographs of the accident scene
In some cases, we may call upon industry professionals to testify on their findings upon reviewing the evidence. Our attorneys have worked with accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, and more.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Marion, call 614-545-3930
Potentially Recoverable Damages From Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accident victims could recover compensation for the areas of their life that the accident affected, including their financial well-being and mental and physical health.
Examples of recoverable damages include, but are not limited to:
- Bills associated with the accident, including medical expenses, costs of vehicle repairs, and property damage
- Monetary losses related to your job, such as lost wages during the recovery period or a loss of the ability to work moving forward
- Compensation for physical disabilities or disfigurements
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
When you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from our team for your Marion case, we can gather evidence of such damages and estimate their value.
Marion Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fighting to Protect Marion Victims
During a difficult time like this, our personal injury attorneys at the Fitch Law Firm LLC do not want you to worry about navigating a personal injury lawsuit on top of your handling your recovery. While you focus your time and energy on seeking treatment and healing, we can handle all legal details and communications on your behalf, such as:
- Investigating that case to compile evidence
- Identifying the liable party
- Contacting witnesses for statements
- Informing the liable party of your intent to seek damages
- Building a case to prove your right to compensation
- Estimating your case’s value
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a settlement
- Presenting your case at trial if a settlement isn’t reached
Our team will gladly answer your questions, provide advice, and keep you informed about your case’s progress as we work together.
Previous Clients Have Praised Our Legal Services
No one can explain our services’ value better than those who have experienced them firsthand. Below is a sample of the kind reviews we’ve received from past clients:
- “They know how to get things done and used their extensive experience to help resolve the case with the at fault party’s insurance company expeditiously. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to be represented by The Fitch Law Firm and would recommend their help if you find yourself in such need.” – Mohammad Al-Khaldi
- “When you’ve been in a serious car accident, the last thing you want to worry about is how your medical bills are going to be paid. While I healed, John ensured my credit rating remained in tact and worked diligently to see I received a fair settlement. He never pressured me into making any decision I wasn’t comfortable with, but provided honest guidance on what was best for ME.” – Anne Kirchner
- “A genuine group of people who offer excellent service. Always made sure I was taken care of and helped me with whatever was needed during my process.” – Haley Vaughan
Common Injuries From Ohio Motorcycle Accidents
The severity of a motorcycle accident that occurs on Ohio’s roads depends on factors, such as the type of crash and what protective gear the motorcyclist was wearing. However, even a relatively minor impact on a motorcycle rider can cause devastating injuries.
These injuries can occur because there is virtually nothing to protect the rider after the crash’s initial impact – excluding any padded clothing or a helmet, which can only do so much. Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and other head injuries
- Cuts and bruises from skidding on the roadway, otherwise known as road rash
- Broken bones, commonly to the ribs and extremities
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, which may cause paralysis
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, it is recommended that you seek immediate medical treatment. Even if you think your injuries are minor and may heal on their own, a doctor can give you a proper diagnosis and begin any treatment you may need.
If your injuries become more serious later and you decide to pursue compensation, medical records that connect the accident to your injuries can become valuable evidence in your case.
Negligent Motorists Should Be Held Accountable
Motorcyclists are at higher risk of injury than other motorists when they ride on Ohio roadways. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely to suffer fatal injuries in a traffic accident than individuals in passenger cars. Riders are more likely to fall victim to serious injuries in these accidents due to their exposure and the possibility of dual impact.
While the reasons for these accidents vary, many are attributed to driver error, such as failing to yield to motorcycles and distracted driving. According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP), there were nearly 760 traffic accidents investigated in Marion County in 2020, with more than 80 distracted driving violations noted.
When a driver hits a motorcyclist due to careless or reckless driving, the victim or surviving family members have a right to hold them accountable. A motorcycle collision lawyer from our firm can help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Firm Reviews Motorcycle Accident Cases for Free
Here at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we treat every victim’s case on an individual basis to identify the cause of their accident and a fair settlement value. If another party’s negligence caused your collision, and you would like to know more about your legal options, our team is here to discuss your case. Our Marion office is located on East Center Street.
Consultations are free, and we have team members available 24/7 to take your call. Accident injuries wait for no one, and you shouldn’t have to, either. Call (740) 212-1686 to seek help now.