If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a crash, there are probably more urgent things in your mind than calling a lawyer. Many people think of it as an unnecessary hassle that they can easily go on without. Making a legal claim, however, with the help of an attorney may be highly valuable to you, as it can greatly compensate you for your losses, ease your financial burden, and help you get back on track.
Talk to a competent car accident attorney about your due compensation from a negligent driver. In the Dayton, Ohio area, the lawyers at the Fitch Law Firm are some of the most experienced in helping individuals and families get the compensation they deserve.
Call our firm today at (937) 660-4232 to find out how we can help you.
What You May Be Entitled To For Your Dayton Auto Accident Claim
A vehicle accident caused by someone else’s negligence may entitle you to various types of monetary compensation, legally known as damages. These may cover the following and more:
- Economic damages
- Hospital bills
- Medication or treatment costs
- Therapy or long-term care expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost capacity to earn
- Non-economic damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
If the crash resulted in the death of your loved one, it may be a case of wrongful death. This entitles your family to some unique damages such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of benefits from the deceased
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium (companionship)
- Loss of guidance and nurturing.
For many individuals and families, getting compensated is key in rebuilding their lives after the crash. It helps them cope with medical bills and allows them to choose suitable rehabilitation options. It relieves much of the stress that comes after a major accident. Beyond monetary payment, the value of a successful accident claim may come from the sense of justice they achieve after holding the at-fault party accountable before the law.
If you are still reluctant to pursue a claim, or if you have questions about your case, our sympathetic lawyers at the Fitch Law Firm can help you. We can start with a free, no-obligation and 100 percent confidential consultation, and we can discuss your best legal options. Don’t worry about hourly lawyer rates – you won’t have to pay us until we obtain money for you.
Talk to us about your accident. Call (937) 660-4232 today.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Dayton, call 614-963-2808
Four Important Things To Do After An Accident in Dayton OH
An injurious vehicle crash can leave you disoriented and panicked, but it’s all the more important to be calm and sensible in this situation. Remember to do these four things to ensure your safety and to help your chances of getting compensated.
- Get medical attention. This should always be the first priority when someone is injured in an accident – even when the injury looks minor. Getting professional medical help now could save you from a more serious medical condition later on. Further, from a legal standpoint, you’ll want to get a professional assessment of the full extent of your injury so that you can claim the maximum compensation you deserve.
- Document the scene. Get information about the drivers involved, their contact details, and their insurance information. Also talk to potential witnesses and request their contact details. Don’t forget to take photos or videos of the scene, including your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, and any possible contributing factors (e.g. beer bottles lying around, road hazards, and so on).
- File an accident report. An accident report form should be available from police officers. Fill this out as accurately as you can. This document may support your injury claim once you decide to pursue it.
- Contact an accident attorney right away. Even if you are not considering legal action yet, a lawyer can protect you from being taken advantage of. Let your lawyer speak for you, as insurance adjusters may take your words and use them to undermine your case. Don’t sign anything or agree to any offer before getting the advice of your attorney.
Dayton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-963-2808
Car Crash Insurance Claim: Do You Need To Call a Dayton Car Wreck Lawyer?
If you are only making an insurance claim after a car accident, you may be thinking about doing it yourself without a lawyer. This is possible, but all too often, it turns out to be a costly mistake. Many accident victims get much less compensation than they deserve, primarily because they decided to face the insurance company on their own.
An accident attorney can comprehensively assess what your case is truly worth. Determining this is rarely straightforward, as there are complicating questions such as: Was it partly your fault? Can you claim compensation for a certain type of injury? Should insurance cover a certain loss? A capable lawyer should thoroughly examine your case to help you maximize your claim.
Hiring a lawyer ensures that a competent professional is on your side. This is crucial in insurance negotiations because insurers don’t work for you – they are businesses that have their bottomline to protect. Insurance companies use “delay, deny, and defend” tactics to weaken a claimant’s case, and many accident victims have fallen for these. An experienced attorney will protect you from these unfair practices.
Pursuing your maximum compensation also requires skillful command of the law, strategic case-building, and fearless representation even in the face of powerful insurers. The Fitch Law Firm is capable in these tasks, backed by three decades of experience in handling accident insurance claims.
Car Accidents In Dayton, Ohio
An alarming fact: hundreds of thousands of traffic accidents occur in Ohio every year. In 2017 alone, there were a total of 303,298 motor vehicle crashes in our state, most of which involved passenger vehicles, according to data from the Ohio Department of Public Safety. From these crashes, 823 car drivers and passengers tragically died, and 98,646 were injured.
Bustling cities like Dayton, as well as their surrounding communities, are particularly rife with traffic crashes. The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission examined these accidents from 2014 to 2016, and found that these intersections are the most dangerous in the Dayton area:
- State Rte. 741 at Austin Pike in Montgomery County, with 85 crashes
- National Rd. at Colonel Glenn Hwy. in Beavercreek, with 83 crashes
- Wilmington Pike at Clyo Rd. in Centerville, with 81 crashes
- Dorothy Lane at Wilmington Pike in Kettering, with 79 crashes
- James H. McGee Bvd. at 3rd in Dayton, with 77 crashes.
These statistics aren’t just numbers. Each crash represents a profound devastation to the individuals and families involved, with impacts that ripple beyond physical injuries and financial distress.
If you are one of those who have suffered from a Dayton, Ohio auto accident, you deserve an attorney who will not treat your case as just another number. You deserve a professional who is fully committed to your case and pays attention to your specific circumstances. This is the kind of legal service we provide at the Fitch Law Firm.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Quick FAQs On Motor Vehicle Accident Cases in Ohio
Q: How much money can I get in a car accident claim?
A: There is no single answer to this, as your compensation depends on the various circumstances around your accident such as the severity of your injuries, the wages you lost, your non-physical damages, and more. To give you an example, we at the Fitch Law Firm have won cases where victims had life-altering injuries and were entitled to several millions of dollars. We can take a careful assessment of your case and determine the maximum dollar amount you can claim.
Q: The driver who hit me was uninsured or underinsured. How do I get paid?
A: Your first option could be your own uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. This is an optional insurance policy available in states like Ohio, which guarantees that your own insurer will cover your costs if you are hurt by an uninsured or underinsured driver. If you haven’t purchased UM/UIM insurance, your other option would be to sue the uninsured or underinsured driver.
Q: My loved one died in a car accident. What legal actions can I take?
A: When a person is killed due to someone else’s negligence, it may be a wrongful death case. Close surviving relatives such as a parent, spouse, or child may make a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company. You may also consider filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Talk to us about your loss to see which legal option is best for you.
Q: My accident happened years ago. Can I still make a claim now?
A: It’s vital to act right away when pursuing compensation. States have specific laws called “statutes of limitations”, which are essentially time limits for you to file a lawsuit. In Ohio, you must bring a personal injury case or wrongful death case within two years after the date of injury or death. After this time has passed, you may lose your right to sue.
Why Choose The Fitch Law Firm to Handle Your Dayton Car Accident Injury Claim
When it comes to helping those who have suffered from vehicle accidents, Ohioans trust the Fitch Law Firm. These are only some of the reasons why our clients are happy with us:
- Proven effective. Our multi-million-dollar case results can speak for us.
- Experienced advantage. With over 30 years of experience in personal injury law, particularly car accidents, our lawyers have an advantage in and out of the courtroom.
- Publicly trusted. We are recognized by legal organizations and the media.
- You risk no money with us. You won’t have to pay upfront or hourly fees, unless and until we obtain an amount for you.
- Considerate consultation. Your initial consultation with us is free, and we will travel to you as needed.
- Compassionate treatment. We don’t want you to experience any unnecessary stress in your claim, that’s why we will work closely with you, answer your questions clearly, and communicate constantly regarding your case.
- Always accessible. Free call available for you 24/7 at (937) 660-4232.
If you have been seriously injured or if someone in your family has died in an auto accident, let the Fitch Law Firm help you. An uncompromising lawyer from our family-like team can successfully represent you in pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Call (937) 660-4232 or fill out our online consultation form to schedule a free consultation and put our effective team to work for you.