900 Michigan Ave, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43215
Personal injury cases in Ohio take many forms, encompassing everything from car accidents to wrongful death cases to dog bites and beyond. Fortunately, you may be eligible to recover compensation for many types of accidents where another party’s negligence injured you. This compensation may cover damages such as your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
A Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to represent you in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our firm can handle all aspects of your case so that you can dedicate your time and energy to recovery. We offer representation on a contingency-fee basis with nothing due upfront.
To learn more about your legal options moving forward, a representative of the Fitch Law Firm LLC will be happy to speak with you today. To get started, contact us at (614) 545-3930 to receive your free consultation.
Potentially Actionable Injury Cases
Here at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, our team of attorneys practice in numerous fields of personal injury law, covering many types of cases.
Our practices areas include:
- Medical malpractice: where a doctor’s negligence harms their patients. This can include wrong-site surgery, birth injuries, missed diagnosis, and more.
- Dangerous drugs: a dangerous or defective drug with harmful side effects may warrant legal action.
- Defective medical devices: when a medical device fails and harms a patient it was meant to help, the manufacturer may be liable.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: bike riders and pedestrians have a right to the road and are especially vulnerable if struck by a negligent driver.
- Car and motorcycle accidents: any time a driver violates a traffic law and causes a crash, they may be liable for the victim’s damages.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries: these injuries can have life-long consequences. If someone else’s negligence gave you a brain or spinal cord injury, we can help you catalog your damages and their value.
- Wrongful denial of disability benefits: we can help you appeal wrongfully denied disability benefits.
- Cases of sexual abuse: we can seek compensation for both physical and emotional harm on behalf of sexual assault victims.
- Swimming pool and drowning accidents: swimming pool injuries and drownings may warrant a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent property owner.
- Injury cases involving children: if your children were injured in a personal injury accident, we can represent your family.
These are not the only type of cases we handle. If you believe that another party’s negligence caused or contributed to your injuries, call the Fitch Law Firm LLC today at (614) 545-3930. A member of our team is standing by to learn more about your accident and discuss your legal options in a free, no-obligation consultation.
Working With a Lawyer on Your Case
When you work with a Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC on your case, we can represent your legal needs in a variety of ways, including:
- Offering legal counsel
- Handling communication with other parties, including insurance companies and the offender in question
- Gathering evidence to help prove liability
- Cataloging your unique losses to assign a monetary value to your case
- Conducting your case according to all applicable Ohio law
- Negotiating potential settlements with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Representing your case at trial
- And more
Our team will remain accessible to you throughout our work together. We can answer your questions and update you on the progress of your case at any time.
Recoverable Damages in Columbus Personal Injury Cases
The types of damages that accident victims may be able to recover in a personal injury case are divided into two main categories, which include:
- Economic losses: awarded to help victims recover damaged property, medical costs, expenses related to rehabilitation programs, and more.
- Non-economic losses: granted to address the intangible aspects of your losses, including mental suffering, disfigurements, lost personal relationships, and more.
Technically, these are not the only damages available to victims under state law. In rare instances, a judge may elect to award punitive damages.
When a Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC represents you, we can gather evidence of your damages and their value to present in settlement negotiations or in court. This evidence may include:
- Your medical records
- Statements from your employer regarding lost wages
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
- Testimony from medical and economic experts about the future impact this accident may have on you financially.
A Deadlines for Lawsuits in Ohio
Personal injury lawsuits in Ohio have a general two-year statute of limitations, per Ohio Revised Code § 2305.10. If you are filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, the general statute of limitations is just one year, per Ohio Revised Code § 2305.113. There may be some circumstances that could alter these deadlines.
When you call the Fitch Law Firm LLC, a member of our team can discuss what specific deadlines pertain to your case. Do not delay. If you let the statute of limitations in your case run out, your lawsuit may be dismissed.
Columbus Personal Injury Lawyers Ready to Fight for Your Future
A Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC can take over the legal work in your case the moment you sign on. As a full-service law firm, our goal is for you to rest easy during this turbulent time in your life. Our attorneys can handle the legal side of things while you focus on your treatment.
To receive your free consultation with a representative at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, contact our team today at (614) 545-3930.