If you or a family member sustained injuries in an accident a negligent party caused, you may be able to recover damages through a claim or personal injury lawsuit. Personal injury cases in Ohio take many forms, encompassing everything from car accidents to wrongful death cases to dog bites and beyond.
To learn more about your legal options moving forward, a representative of the Fitch Law Firm LLC will be happy to speak with you today. To get started, contact us to receive your free consultation.
Compensation You May Be Able to Recover in a Personal Injury Case
The amount of compensation and the damages you may receive compensation for depends on your case. You may get compensation for various economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include medical expenses, property damage, and lost income, while non-economic damages like pain and suffering and mental anguish hold no monetary value.
Other damages you may qualify to receive a financial award for include:
- Diminished earning capacity, if you are forced to take a lower-paying job due to your injury
- Ongoing care costs
- Temporary/permanent disability
- Physical/emotional therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Loss of a limb
- Expenses related to rehabilitation programs
If you lose a loved one to another party’s negligence, you may be able to recover costs for their funeral and burial and receive compensation for the loss of their companionship/guidance and financial support. We can calculate your damages and determine the amount of compensation you are entitled to.
A Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to represent you in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our firm can handle all aspects of your case so that you can dedicate your time and energy to recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Columbus, call 614-545-3930
Potentially Actionable Types of Injury Cases
Here at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, our team of attorneys practice in numerous fields of personal injury law, covering many types of cases.
Our practices areas include:
- Medical malpractice: where a doctor’s negligence harms their patients. This can include wrong-site surgery, birth injuries, missed diagnosis, and more.
- Dangerous drugs: a dangerous or defective drug with harmful side effects may warrant legal action.
- Defective medical devices: when a medical device fails and harms a patient it was meant to help, the manufacturer may be liable.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents: bike riders and pedestrians have a right to the road and are especially vulnerable if struck by a negligent driver.
- Car and motorcycle accidents: any time a driver violates a traffic law and causes a crash, they may be liable for the victim’s damages.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries: these injuries can have life-long consequences. If someone else’s negligence gave you a brain or spinal cord injury, we can help you catalog your damages and their value.
- Wrongful denial of disability benefits: we can help you appeal wrongfully denied disability benefits.
- Cases of sexual abuse: we can seek compensation for both physical and emotional harm on behalf of sexual assault victims.
- Swimming pool and drowning accidents: swimming pool injuries and drownings may warrant a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent property owner.
- Injury cases involving children: if your children were injured in a personal injury accident, we can represent your family.
These are not the only types of cases we handle. If you believe that another party’s negligence caused or contributed to your injuries, call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today. A member of our team is standing by to learn more about your accident and discuss your legal options in a free, no-obligation consultation.
Columbus Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Working with a Lawyer on Your Case
When you work with a Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC on your case, we can represent your legal needs in a variety of ways, including:
- Offering legal counsel
- Handling communication with other parties, including insurance companies and the offender in question
- Gathering evidence to help prove liability
- Cataloging your unique losses to assign a monetary value to your case
- Conducting your case according to all applicable Ohio law
- Negotiating potential settlements with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Representing your case at trial
- Interviewing eyewitnesses for possible valuable information that helps your case
Our team will remain accessible to you throughout our work together. We can answer your questions and update you on the progress of your case at any time.
Collecting Strong Evidence in Your Case
When a Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC represents you, we can gather evidence of your damages and their value to present in settlement negotiations or in court. This evidence may include:
- Your medical records
- Statements from your employer regarding lost wages
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
- Testimony from medical and economic experts about the future impact this accident may have on you financially.
It is imperative that you allow one of our lawyers to get started on your case right away. It is ideal to have fresh evidence and to be able to get in touch with eyewitnesses sooner than later as memories fade. We want to build a strong case on your behalf and secure the best possible outcome. The sooner we get started, the better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Deadlines for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Ohio
Personal injury lawsuits in Ohio have a general two-year statute of limitations, per Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §2305.10. If you are filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, the general statute of limitations is just one year, per ORC §2305.113. There may be some circumstances that could alter these deadlines.
When you call the Fitch Law Firm LLC, a member of our team can discuss what specific deadlines pertain to your case. It may seem like there is no rush to get started on your case, but one of our lawyers needs as much time as possible to construct a solid case.
Do not delay. If you let the statute of limitations in your case run out, your lawsuit may be dismissed.
We Operate on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We take our clients’ cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing up front upon hiring us and never pay anything out of pocket. If we can get you a fair settlement or court award, our attorney’s fees come from there.
You have been through enough by suffering a personal injury; the last thing you need is to worry about whether you can afford legal help. We want to help you pursue compensation that you deserve without draining your pockets.
Our Columbus Personal Injury Attorneys are Ready to Fight for Your Future
A Columbus personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC can take over the legal work in your case the moment you sign on. As a full-service law firm, our goal is for you to rest easy during this turbulent time in your life. Our attorneys can handle the legal side of things while you focus on your treatment.
To receive your free consultation with a representative at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, contact our team today.