If you are actively involved in an Erie Insurance claim in Ohio, or plan to file a claim, you may hire an attorney to handle the process. A lawyer can provide an added measure of protection, and may help you get the coverage you deserve.
What Kinds of Erie Insurance Claims Can an Attorney Help You With?
Erie Insurance offers a variety of policies, and an attorney can help you with:
- Home and property insurance: Erie Insurance offers policies for homeowners, condo owners, renters, mobile homes, and personal valuables.
- Auto and leisure insurance: Erie Insurance covers motor vehicles, boats, ATVs, recreational vehicles, classic cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, golf carts, and other vehicles.
- Life insurance: If you have a claim involving life insurance, an attorney can help you.
- Business insurance: If you have filed a claim related to business interruption or other business-related damages, a lawyer will pursue the coverage you’ve paid for.
If you have another type of policy through Erie Insurance, an attorney from our team can help.
What Type of Coverage Are You Entitled To?
The type of insurance coverage you deserve depends on your policy type. Examples of coverage you may deserve are:
- For a home or property insurance claim: Repair of damage to your home and attached property, replacement of damaged or stolen property, and temporary shelter while your home is being repaired.
- For an auto or leisure insurance claim: Repair or replacement of a damaged vehicle, repair or replacement of damaged property within or outside the vehicle, and temporary transportation.
- For a life insurance claim: Death benefits that your loved one’s life insurance policy provided.
- For a business insurance claim: Workers’ compensation benefits for an injured employee, coverage of lost business income during an interruption, and coverage of payroll during an interruption.
Each insurance-related circumstance that we handle is unique. Our team will review your case and identify all forms of coverage you’re entitled to.
How an Attorney Can Help with an Erie Insurance Claim in Ohio
There are several steps to take after any event warranting an insurance claim. As the Insurance Information Institute (III) suggests, you may be busy with:
- Repairing damaged property
- Figuring out the specifics of your insurance policy
With these (or other) challenges taking up much of your time, you may still have to tend to your daily responsibilities—whether it’s your job, children’s needs, or otherwise.
Having an attorney handle your insurance claim could provide much-needed relief. While you work on getting your life back in order, our team can:
Study Your Insurance Policy
When it comes to insurance claims, the policy generally has final say. Virtually every aspect of your coverage should be spelled out in the policy, and our team will scour policy documents from front to back. After reading and interpreting the policy, we should know exactly what your policy covers, and what it doesn’t.
Identify the Exact Amount of Coverage You’re Entitled To
We will compare your policy with the damages you’ve suffered. We may do this by:
- Observing the damage you’ve suffered firsthand, whether that means visiting your damaged home, viewing a damaged vehicle, or taking other necessary steps
- Speaking with you about your damages
- Photographing and videotaping all damages
- Valuing each damage you’ve experienced
We will make a comprehensive record of your damages, their values, and whether your insurance policy provides coverage for each.
Handle Communications with Erie Insurance
Erie Insurance will be an integral partner in completing your claim. We will handle all communications with them. These communications are often recorded, and we’ll protect you from saying anything that might be detrimental to your claim’s success.
Negotiate for Fair Insurance Coverage
The claims process may ultimately arrive at a negotiation. Generally, insurance companies don’t offer the exact amount that the client deserves right away. We will work hard to negotiate the financial recovery you’re entitled to, no matter how long it takes us.
Insurance claims are rarely quick or easy. Our firm will represent you, meaning that we’ll handle all headaches and challenges that arise during the claims process.
Even If Their Intentions Are Good, Insurance Companies Don’t Always Cooperate
Insurance companies don’t always act in bad faith. However, Erie Insurance doesn’t represent you—it represents itself. By hiring our firm to help with your claim, you’ll allow us to protect you from:
- Allegations that you, rather than the insurance company, are liable for your damages
- Unnecessary delays in your claim
- Unfair denials or limitation of your claim settlement
- Pressure to accept a quick, low settlement offer
- Inappropriate questions
- Any other questionable insurance tactics
We have seen honest mistakes undermine an insurance claim. Simply being polite—by apologizing to the insurance company, for example—could be used against you. Our team will advise and represent you so that you’re not exposed to such threats.
Call the Fitch Law Firm Today for Help with Your Insurance Claim in Ohio
The sooner you hire the Fitch Law Firm LLC, the sooner we can start handling your claim. You may be in need of an insurance settlement, and we’ll work urgently to resolve your Erie Insurance claim in Ohio.
Call the Fitch Law Firm LLC today for your free consultation.