Were you or a loved one injured in a Cincinnati rear-end accident? Call the Fitch Law Firm, LLC, at (513) 407-4521. We can evaluate your case at no cost or obligation. If you have a case, a Cincinnati rear-end collisions lawyer may be able to fight for damages on your behalf so that you can focus on what matters most: spending time with your family as you recover from your accident.
Rear-End Collisions Are a Leading Cause of Whiplash
Being rear-ended can damage your car and injure people inside it. According to the Mayo Clinic, rear-end collisions are a leading cause of whiplash injuries. Whiplash occurs when your neck is thrown forward and backward in quick succession. Symptoms may include:
- Neck pain that gets worse when you move
Whiplash symptoms generally go away by themselves, but in some cases, they can linger for a while. Either way, it is a good idea to get checked out by a doctor after your accident, just to make sure you have not suffered more serious injuries.
Of course, whiplash is not the only injury that rear-end collision victims can suffer. Also, in addition to the physical injuries, you may experience emotional pain, such as bad memories or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and financial stress.
How Rear-End Collisions Happen
One cause of rear-end collisions is tailgating, which involves getting too close to the car in front of you. As the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states, following another vehicle too closely increases the risk of a rear-end collision, especially in bad weather conditions, or if the at-fault driver is not paying sufficient attention to the road.
When driving behind another vehicle, make sure that you do not go over the speed limit and that you leave enough space between you and the vehicle in front of you. How much is enough? That depends on the weather, how large a vehicle you are driving, and how fast you are going. Always err on the side of caution and stay farther away from other vehicles.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-963-2808
Our Team Can Help You Pursue Compensatory Damages
How has your accident impacted your life? It may be painful to think back on your accident and its effects, but it is crucial to receiving compensation. This section will provide a partial explanation of the types of compensation you might be entitled to pursue. A law firm representative can flesh out the information below and help you figure out which damages might apply to your lawsuit.
If the accident has put a strain on your finances, you may qualify for economic damages. Here are some common examples:
- Medical costs: You spent money on treatments for your injuries, such as on a hospital stay, follow-up appointments, and physical therapy.
- Repair costs: You had to pay someone to fix your car, or you had to buy a new one.
- Loss of income: Your injuries kept you home from work for days, weeks, or longer.
- Loss of earning capacity: You cannot earn as much money as you could before your injuries.
If the accident left you physically or psychologically worse off than before, you may qualify for non-economic damages. Here are some common examples:
- Disability: You have lost total or partial use of a digit, limb, or other body part or function.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries were physically and/or psychologically distressing.
- Disfigurement: You have been left with obvious or painful physical scars.
- Quality of life: You need help with everyday tasks, such as buttoning shirts and going up a flight of stairs, or you can no longer participate in activities you once loved.
Statute of Limitations
Unfortunately, your right to seek compensation does not last forever. The Ohio Revised Code (ORC) § 2305.10 gives you just two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is one reason why it is important to discuss your case with an attorney as quickly as possible.
Call the Fitch Law Firm, LLC, at (513) 407-4521 to find out how a Cincinnati rear-end collisions lawyer may be able to assist you. We can take your call at any time, and we work for a contingency fee. This means you do not have to pay attorney’s fees unless we win your case. If we cannot get you compensation, you owe us no attorney’s fees at all.
Cincinnati Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 614-963-2808
The Fitch Law Firm, LLC, Can Offer You Multiple Legal Services
If you were injured in a rear-end accident, you might be entitled to compensation. The Fitch Law Firm, LLC, wants to help you fight for it. Give us a call for a free case review. If you have a case, we may offer our services, which include:
- Calculating damages: To get the money you need, you have to make sure you ask for an appropriate dollar amount for each type of damage. We can help you figure out what you should sue for.
- Investigating your accident: Investigation findings might tell us who the liable party is. In our search, we may also discover evidence we can use to show that you deserve compensation.
- Filing your lawsuit: We can take care of the tedious legal details, like filling out paperwork and notifying the liable party.
- Advocating on your behalf: First, we may meet with the liable party’s insurance company to negotiate a settlement. If they do not want to offer a fair settlement, we can schedule a trial and argue your case in court.
- Keeping in touch: We will update you any time there is a big development in your case. If you have questions between updates, do not hesitate to reach out. We want to make this process as easy on you as possible.
Rear-end collisions can have life-altering consequences and be difficult to recover from. Just remember that you are not alone. A Cincinnati rear-end collisions lawyer may be able to help you hold a reckless driver accountable and fight for much-needed compensation.
Call the Fitch Law Firm, LLC. The number of our Cincinnati office is (513) 407-4521. We can get started with a free case review and advise you on your options.