Have you or a loved one been seriously injured a car crash? It’s difficult and stressful handling the physical, financial, and emotional consequences – especially when the accident was caused by another driver. One minute, you’re traveling carefully and safely; the next, you’re suffering from painful injuries, medical bills, emotional distress, and more.
You may be compensated for the various losses you’ve suffered. If your vehicle accident was due to another’s negligence, you may be able to pursue a legal claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. A claim’s compensation can help pay expenses, relieve stress, and let you get on with your life.
Key to obtaining your due compensation is by enlisting the right lawyer for your accident case. In the Cincinnati area, the attorneys at the Fitch Law Firm are some of the most trusted and effective in helping Ohioans get the compensation they deserve.
Call our firm today at (513) 407-4521 to find out what we can do for you.
What You May Be Entitled To For Your Cincinnati Auto Accident Injury Claim
Many people ask how much they can receive in a car accident claim. The answer varies widely, depending on the specific factors of your case. For example, we at the Fitch Law Firm have successfully handled cases that were valued at several millions of dollars each due in large part to the catastrophic injuries of the client.
The impact of a car accident goes beyond physical injuries and vehicle damage. There are related effects that are just as costly or as limiting, such as being unable to work and being anxious about your wellbeing. The law recognizes this, and you may legally claim for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those that have a quantifiable dollar amount, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation costs, missed earnings, and lost ability to work. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, may be less tangible but are nevertheless real consequences of the accident and may be assigned a dollar value. Examples are pain and suffering, emotional distress, and disfigurement.
If you have lost a loved one in the crash, you may have a wrongful death case. This could entitle you to some unique damages such as funeral and burial costs, mental anguish, lost benefits from the deceased, lost consortium (marital companionship), and lost guidance and nurturing (in parental relationships, for example).
With many intricate factors involved, it’s important to consult with an experienced accident attorney to determine the maximum compensation you may claim. Talk to us at the Fitch Law Firm. We can discuss your accident, assess your case, and guide you on your best legal options. Your initial consultation with us is free and confidential, and you won’t have to pay any lawyer fees unless and until we obtain money for you. Call us at (513) 407-4521 today.
Do You Really Need A Lawyer For a Car Crash Insurance Claim in Cincinnati?
After a car accident, some people may think that going to a lawyer is an unnecessary hassle, especially when they simply want to claim an insurance payout. It is indeed possible to file an insurance claim by yourself, but all too often, this turns out to be a costly mistake. Many accident victims who decided to go it alone have ended up receiving much less than they deserve – and sometimes nothing at all.
An injury attorney can thoroughly assess what your case is truly worth, and negotiate for it. This is rarely a straightforward process, as there are often specific circumstances that affect your compensation amount.
For instance, was the accident partly your fault? Does insurance cover your unique injury or loss? Do you have a pre-existing condition that may have played into your injury? These are the kind of specifics that insurance adjusters use to minimize the value of your case, and you’ll want the guidance of an attorney to protect your claim from these.
There are various other methods, known as “delay, deny, and defend” tactics, that insurance companies may use to undermine claims. It takes an experienced lawyer to effectively anticipate the workings of insurance negotiations. Your attorney should also have a skillful command of the law, strong strategies in case-building, and fearlessness even in the face of powerful insurers. This is how you can protect yourself from being taken advantage of, and fight for the full settlement you deserve.
The lawyers at the Fitch Law Firm have over 30 years of experience, and can competently handle your accident insurance claim. We have faced major insurance companies and obtained maximum settlements from them on behalf of our clients.
Important Factors In Cincinnati Car Wreck Cases
At the Fitch Law Firm, we examine many details in your car accident to help establish who was at fault and how much they are liable for.
One such detail is the type of motor vehicle crash. This tells much about how the accident occurred and which party instigated it. Some common types of car accidents are:
- Read-end collision – Occurs when a vehicle behind you hits the back (rear) part of your car.
- T-bone collision – Also called side-impact or broadside impact, this is when the side of your vehicle is struck by another car or object
- Head-on collision – Occurs when another vehicle’s front smashes straight into the front part of your car.
- Rollover – This is when your car tips to its side and usually falls sideways. This typically happens to taller vehicles such as SUVs, and may be caused by a collision, bad road conditions, or unsafe vehicle design.
- Multi-vehicle pileup – An accident that involves three or more vehicles.
- Single-car crash – If your car is the only one involved in your accident, it does not automatically mean it was your fault. Certain factors may point to the liability of other parties, such as a hazardous condition of a public road, inadequate traffic signs and warnings, or a malfunctioning part in your vehicle.
Another detail we investigate is the negligent act of the at-fault party. Note that while irresponsible drivers are often blamed in traffic crashes, there are other parties that may be held negligent as well, including car manufacturers, car parts distributors, and even public road agencies. Take a look at these common examples of negligence related to vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated or impaired
- Running a red light
- Failure to yield
- Driving while drowsy
- Operating a recalled vehicle
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Manufacturing unsafe vehicles
- Selling or distributing defective devices
- Failure to install necessary traffic signs
- Neglecting the unsafe condition of a public road.
It takes legal know-how and resourcefulness to prove a party’s negligence. This is especially important in states like Ohio, which follows the “modified comparative negligence” rule. Under this principle, each at-fault party in an accident is liable according to their amount of fault. If you were partially at-fault in your crash, your amount of compensation could be reduced accordingly.
The Fitch Law Firm is highly experienced in establishing the negligence of at-fault parties and protecting clients from unjust settlement practices. We work hard to ensure that clients like you receive your fair compensation.
Car Crashes In Cincinnati, Ohio
Hundreds of thousands of traffic accidents occur in Ohio every year. According to data from the Ohio Department of Public Safety, in 2017 alone, our state had a total of 303,298 motor vehicle crashes, most of which involved passenger vehicles. From those car crashes, 823 car occupants were killed, and 98,646 were injured.
Unfortunately, motor vehicle wrecks seem inevitable in and around bustling cities like Cincinnati. The Ohio Department of Transportation recently found that 33 of Ohio’s most dangerous intersections are in the Greater Cincinnati area, including:
- Colerain Avenue at State Route 126 – averages 71.46 crashes per year
- River Road at State Route 264 – averages 52.84 crashes per year
- Colerain Avenue at Virginia Avenue – averages 48.36 crashes per year
- US 50 at Freeman Avenue – averages 36.75 crashes per year
- Colerain Avenue at West Galbraith Road – averages 31.84 crashes per year.
With car accidents such a commonplace occurrence in our metros, it’s easy to forget that they are not just numbers. Each accident is devastating to individuals and families. If you are one of those who have suffered from a Cincinnati, Ohio auto accident, you deserve an attorney who won’t treat your case as just another statistic. The Fitch Law Firm is fully committed to each of our clients’ cases and pays attention to their particular circumstances.
Why Choose The Fitch Law Firm To Be Your Cincinnati Auto Accident Lawyer?
Ohioans trust the Fitch Law Firm to help them obtain their needed and deserved compensation. These are only some of the reasons why our clients are happy with us:
- Proven effective. Our multi-million-dollar case results can speak for us.
- Experienced advantage. With over 30 years of experience in personal injury law, particularly car accidents, our lawyers have an advantage in and out of the courtroom.
- Publicly trusted. We are recognized by legal organizations and the media.
- You risk no money with us. You won’t have to pay upfront or hourly fees, unless and until we obtain an amount for you.
- Considerate consultation. Your initial consultation with us is free, and we will travel to you as needed.
- Compassionate treatment. We don’t want you to experience any unnecessary stress in your claim, that’s why we will work closely with you, answer your questions clearly, and communicate constantly regarding your case.
- Always accessible. Free call available for you 24/7 at (513) 407-4521.
If you have been seriously injured or if someone in your family has died in an auto accident, let the Fitch Law Firm help you. With an uncompromising lawyer representing you and a family-like team supporting you, you can successfully pursue the compensation you need and deserve.
Call (513) 407-4521 or fill out our online consultation form to schedule a free consultation and put our effective team to work for you.