A drunk driving accident can turn your life around in an instant. You may have suffered serious, long-term injuries in the collision or lost a loved one. If so, you have a right to take legal action against the driver responsible. In Ohio, the liable party is responsible for compensating the victims of an accident.
Our team can help you quantify your damages and file the paperwork necessary for pursuing a claim with the insurance company. If the liable motorist is not covered or does not have enough insurance coverage, our Springfield drunk driving accident lawyer could represent you in a lawsuit. The initial consultation is free.
Pursuing Compensation From a Drunk Driver in Springfield
It is illegal to drink and drive. Depending on the at-fault party’s blood alcohol content (BAC), their age, whether they have any priors, and the extent of damage they cause in an accident, they can face various consequences. These range from fines and use of an ignition interlock device to jail time and license suspension.
However, these penalties do not address the harm you and your family suffered because of a drunk driver’s negligence. Regardless of the criminal consequences they face, if an intoxicated motorist caused your or your loved one’s injuries, you can file a claim with their insurer for accident-related losses, including:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Lost income
- Lost earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a loved one
- Funeral or burial expenses
When we represent you, our team will help identify all possible recoverable damages in the case. This is just one of several services we offer to clients seeking financial recovery in Springfield.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving accidents lawyer serving Springfield, call 614-545-3930
How a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney From Our Team Can Help
Aside from identifying the damages you could recover, an attorney from our team can help you after a drunk driving accident by:
- Identifying the liable party, which is usually an impaired driver or someone who sold the driver alcohol
- Gathering evidence, such as the police report of your collision, accident footage, and eyewitness statements
- Quantifying damages so that you can file for a fair settlement from the at-fault party’s insurer
- Filing all of the legal, insurance, and administrative paperwork required for the case
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurer to make sure you avoid lowball offers and unfair terms, which can hamper your recovery or financial well-being in the long run
Our team can also help you understand the insurance and personal injury laws that apply to the case. For example, when you reach out to us in time, we make sure to file your lawsuit within the appropriate deadlines if going to court becomes necessary.
Why Accident Victims Choose Us
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, our team treats every case with the professionalism and importance it deserves. We listen to our clients and provide clear, candid feedback on the best way forward and what to expect along the way. The client reviews below testify to our ability when it comes to handling complex legal cases and fighting for the rights of our clients:
- “I am beyond grateful to have been represented by John and his team after my accident. They were communicative and open with me through every step of the process, and TRULY put my interest above their own, a rarity in this industry. If you need representation you don’t need to look any further.” – S. Kelly
- “The Fitch law firm will always be my go to if I ever need a lawyer again. They kept me updated on everything through my whole settlement. I’ve never seen any lawyer fight so hard for anyone like John and Becky did for me.” – T. Hiner
If you are looking for an attorney with more than 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases—someone with the compassion, work ethic, and perseverance needed to see tough cases through to the end—the Fitch Law Firm LLC is just a call away.
Springfield Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Driving While Intoxicated is a Form of Negligence
The reason operating a vehicle while impaired (OVI) is considered negligence is because it can:
- Affect judgment and restrict alertness
- Impair coordination and limit the ability to control a vehicle
- Slow response times
- Lead to swerving and swaying while driving
- Cause higher risk tolerance, which can lead to dangerous and aggressive driving
Injuries commonly seen in drunk driving cases include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
Any of these injuries could cause permanent disabilities or even death. As long as you can establish a connection between the accident and your or your loved one’s injuries, you can take steps to hold the driver accountable. Our team is here for you and ready to discuss your case for free at any time.
Our team works on a contingency-fee basis. That means you pay nothing up front or out of pocket unless we secure a settlement or court award on your behalf.
Contact the Fitch Law Firm LLC to Hold a Drunk Driver Liable in Ohio
You should not have to shoulder the financial consequences of a collision because of an intoxicated driver’s actions. The law gives you recourse to compensation for accident-related losses and damages, allowing you to hold them responsible.
A lawyer from our team will walk you through everything you need to know about the case and fight in your corner for the financial recovery you deserve. Contact the Fitch Law Firm LLC at (937) 247-6521 for assistance with your Springfield car accident case against a drunk driver.