A Dayton truck lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to help you develop your claim and seek compensation following a collision at an intersection with a tractor-trailer truck. If you were hurt in a Dayton, Ohio truck crash caused by a truck driver, you may have a case against that driver and their employer.
Let the Fitch Law Firm LLC evaluate your legal case for free. We want to speak with you about your options and offer advice on how we may be able to help you prove the at-fault parties are accountable and recover damages.
How a Lawyer Can Help You Seek Financial Recovery after a Truck Intersection Accident
Victims of negligent truck drivers have a right to seek compensation for their accident-related injuries and damages. The most common way the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help our clients recover compensation following a truck collision is through an insurance settlement agreement.
However, sometimes we may need to sue the trucking company and driver to pursue a fair and just payout for our client.
It may be possible for our team to secure current and future damages for you after your collision. This may include compensation for the expenses and losses you experienced and will likely experience due to the crash. Examples include:
- Your ambulance transportation
- Your treatment, hospitalization, and related expenses
- Your rehabilitation and future care needs
- Long-term care costs for catastrophic injuries
- Lost wages and future time missed at work
- Diminished ability to earn a living
- Repairs to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering and other intangible losses
Wrongful death damages may be available if your family member died from their truck collision injuries or a related complication in Dayton. Our team can help you pursue this type of case as well.
For a free legal consultation with a accidents at intersections lawyer serving Dayton, call 614-963-2808
The Attorneys at the Fitch Law Firm LLC Have the Experience You Need When it Comes to Helping Truck Accident Victims
A Dayton truck accidents at intersections lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to go to work on your claim quickly, securing the necessary evidence to support your allegations and prove your damages. This may include the evidence held by the trucking company, which we need to act to identify and preserve as soon as possible.
In addition to collecting evidence to support our client’s case, we also take care of many other aspects of protecting their rights and pursuing a positive outcome on their behalf. This includes:
- Managing all communications, phone calls, and paperwork related to the accident
- Working with their insurer and the law firm or insurance company representing the trucking company
- Obtaining all files and documents necessary
- Consulting with experts about their medical condition, future care, and accident reconstruction as necessary
- Developing and filing their insurance claim
- Identifying and meeting all applicable deadlines
- Preparing any legal documents and filing them as necessary
- Litigating their case during pretrial and trial, if needed
We Get Results
Our team has helped accident victims seek and secure financial recoveries after traffic accidents for more than 30 years. Some recent truck accident recoveries include:
- $6,000,000 for a client who suffered serious injuries
- $3,000,000 in a wrongful death case
- $1,000,000 for another client also undergoing treatment for a TBI
Other traffic accident case results include:
- $1,450,000 for a car accident victim whose fractured leg and ankle prevented them from working and led to significant lost wages
- $1,400,000 for a truck accident victim
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we review truck accident cases for free and represent our clients based on contingent fees. You will never need to pay attorney’s fees unless we secure compensation for you in your case. Our fees only come from the recovery we win for you, whether through an out-of-court agreement or court award.
Dayton Accident at Intersections Lawyer Near Me 614-963-2808
You May Be Able to Hold the Trucking Company Responsible for Your Accident
According to data from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), about 50% of all injury or fatality collisions occur at intersections. Intersections require drivers to pay careful attention to traffic signs or signals and follow their instructions. When they do not, there is a high risk of a crash.
Commonly, intersection collisions are side-impact crashes, which can occur when one vehicle runs a stop sign or red light or fails to yield to oncoming traffic. Rear-end collisions can also occur at intersections when the rear vehicle fails to obey the traffic signal and slams into the back of a car stopped for the stop sign or red light.
Under Ohio law, when a truck driver or other professional driver causes an accident, their employer may be vicariously liable. At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we know how this works and what we need to do to prove negligence occurred and hold the driver and their employer liable based on it.
In general, we may have only two years to sue the liable parties if we cannot reach a settlement. This is codified under Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §2305.10 for injury accidents and ORC §2125.02 for fatal accidents that support a wrongful death action.
Talk to Our Dayton Truck Accident Attorneys for Free Today
You can speak with the Fitch Law Firm LLC today about your collision to learn more. A Dayton truck accident lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to help you recover compensation for your expenses and losses. Call (937) 660-4232 now to get started with your complimentary consultation and crash assessment today.