If you lost a loved one due to the abuse or neglect of a nursing home, your family could be entitled to compensation. A Columbus nursing home wrongful death lawyer from our team can fight for your rights and handle each aspect of your case, so you don’t have to take on this burden yourself.
Contact our team at the Fitch Law Firm LLC by calling (614) 545-3930 to begin your free consultation.
Possible Compensation in a Nursing Home Wrongful Death Case
You may be able to hold another party financially accountable for your loved one’s passing. Though no amount of money is worth the loss of your loved one, wrongful death compensation can address some of the hardships your family may be facing. Your compensation could include:
- Medical expenses: These medical expenses could include the medical treatment your loved one needed prior to their passing as a result of the neglect or abuse.
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering: This refers to the pain and suffering your loved one experienced prior to their passing.
- Cost of the funeral: Funeral expenses can add up quickly, in addition to the costs for burial/cremation and getting your loved one’s affairs in order.
- Loss of companionship: When your loved one passes, you no longer have their companionship in your life. The decedent’s children may also qualify for loss of parental guidance.
This is not a complete list, and your case may involve other recoverable damages. Many types of compensation you could receive are difficult to put a monetary value on. Our team at the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you determine fair compensation for the pain you have gone through. Give us a call today to get started fighting for the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home wrongful death lawyer serving Columbus, call 614-963-2808
Nursing Homes Are Liable for Cases of Neglect and Abuse
It is the duty of the facility to protect your loved one. If the staff fails to keep your loved one safe, the facility could be liable for the death and your damages. Even if other residents were the direct cause of your loved one’s injuries, staff members could be held responsible if they failed to prevent the abuse.
In nursing homes, multiple types of neglect and abuse can occur. Some possible forms of neglect and abuse our team can look for evidence of include:
- Neglect of the resident’s health care
- Medication errors
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Failure to notice and address physical or sexual abuse by another resident
If your loved one died as a result of one of these or any other type of nursing home abuse, consider working with a Columbus nursing home wrongful death lawyer from our office. The team at the Fitch Law Firm LLC is here for you during this difficult time. Call us now at (614) 545-3930 to tell us about your case.
Columbus Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 614-963-2808
Building Your Nursing Home Wrongful Death Case
Proving neglect and abuse takes time, and our team can help you gather the evidence needed and seek damages on your behalf. To prove neglect and abuse, we need to establish:
- The nursing home had a legal responsibility to care for your loved one.
- The nursing home breached the duty of care by allowing abuse or neglect of your loved one to occur.
- The nursing home’s actions or inaction resulted in your loved one’s passing.
- You have financial losses stemming from your loved one’s passing.
Even if your loved one did not pass away soon after the abuse or neglect, the nursing home could still be held responsible. They might have suffered injuries that lead to their early death. According to the National Council on Aging (NCOA), the elderly are 300% more at risk of death when they have been abused than those who have not suffered abuse.
How Our Team Can Help
When you lose a loved one as a result of negligence and abuse, nothing can make that pain and loss go away. Our team wants to do what we can to help you hold those responsible accountable for their actions. We can support you by:
- Gathering evidence
- Investigating the accident
- Speaking with eyewitnesses
- Consulting with experts
- Determining liable parties
- Filing your claim
- Calculating fair compensation
- Translating legal jargon
- Representing you in court
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Us Advocate for You While Your Family Heals
A Columbus nursing home wrongful death lawyer from our team can help you fight for compensation. Take the time you need to mourn while we take care of the rest. Call the Fitch Law Firm LLC today at (614) 545-3930 to get started with your free consultation.