When a nursing home facility does not provide proper care, oversee its staff, and comply with state and federal regulations, the outcome can be painful for the resident and their family. If they made a careless or reckless mistake, they could owe you and your family compensation. Although no amount of money can truly make your family whole again after your loss, it can help you cope with the financial pressures and ease some of the suffering.
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we can assist you and your family with investigating the loss of your loved one. We will determine whether the nursing home that was responsible for your loved one failed to provide them with the proper care. To learn about working with our Cincinnati nursing home wrongful death lawyer, dial (513) 407-4521 now for a free consultation.
Why Work with Our Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawyer
An attorney from our firm can handle many things on your behalf. For families who are grieving the loss of a loved one, this can take a great deal of stress off their plates and allow them to focus on healing.
A few other ways our lawyers could assist you include:
- Gathering evidence to prove the nursing home is responsible for your loved one’s death
- Making sure you file key documents with the court on time
- Responding to requests for information from the defendants in the case
- Appearing in court on your behalf
- Preparing you for any depositions or mandatory court appearances
- Finding experts who can consult on your case
- Reviewing available insurance policies and making a claim for benefits
- Calculating the compensation you are entitled to receive
- Preparing for trial if needed
Your lawyer will also answer your questions and keep you informed about how the case is proceeding. To learn more about working with a Cincinnati nursing home wrongful death lawyer at the Fitch Law Firm LLC, you can call (513) 407-4521 for a free consultation.
This phone call will allow you to ask questions about your potential case and learn more about the types of support our legal team will provide you and your family. You have nothing to lose, so call now.
Potentially Responsible Parties
Nursing home facilities are often complex business entities with several employees. Although there are many state and federal regulations that dictate how these facilities must run, there are many cases where the operators and employees simply fail to follow the rules or willingly cut corners.
When it comes to liability, there may be several entities that are responsible for your loved one’s death. Some examples are:
- The owner and operator of the facility
- Doctors on staff
- Other residents in the facility
- Other family members
- General staff members
Your attorneys will use their resources to figure out what kind of business structure is involved and whether any of these parties should be brought to justice for their role in your loved one’s death.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home wrongful death lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-545-3930
How Nursing Home Facility Deaths Happen
You may already know what led to your loved one’s passing or you may be still trying to figure out what went wrong and whether someone is at fault. A few examples of situations that can lead to a nursing home fatality include:
- Violence and physical abuse
- Withholding proper medical care
- Medical mistakes
- Errors with dosing medications
- Failure to monitor health conditions like bedsores
- Inadequate nutrition and hydration
- Failure to monitor conflicts between residents
- Failure to provide proper care for patients with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other cognitive impairments
- Unsafe facilities
- Failure to perform background checks on staff members
- Failure to monitor staff members conduct
- Understaffing or overworked staff
Cincinnati Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Investigating a Wrongful Death at a Nursing Home
It can be hard to get the information you need from a nursing home facility. Sometimes they try to withhold records and other information or fail to disclose the entire picture of what happened. Since you are not there around the clock, you probably feel like you have to take their word for it. But this is simply not true. Your lawyers can locate and obtain evidence that can help support your case.
Examples of evidence that may be useful in your case include:
- Medical records
- Consults with medical experts
- Testimony from other staff members or residents
- Post-mortem medical examinations
- Coroner reports
- Video footage or surveillance
It can be incredibly painful for a family to have to collect this evidence and see proof of what happened to their loved one. Working with an attorney on our team can help protect you from the pain of seeing the trauma that your loved one endured while protecting your right to fair compensation.
Call for a Free Consultation
The people who hurt your loved one should be held accountable, and your family deserves closure and financial support. Call (513) 407-4521 for a free consultation to learn more about working with a Cincinnati nursing home wrongful death lawyer at the Fitch Law Firm LLC.