Being in an accident is bad enough, but what can you do if the other person involved is a motorcyclist with no insurance? A Cincinnati uninsured motorcycle accident lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to help you understand your rights and pursue the compensation you need. If you want to know more, you can call our Cincinnati office at (513) 407-4521. We charge no fees until you win your case.
Motorcycle Insurance Is a Requirement
Driving a motorcycle is at least as big a responsibility as driving a car. Because motorcycles are smaller and offer less protection than cars, it is more important than ever for motorcyclists to watch their surroundings and obey the rules of the road. Failure to do so can have catastrophic consequences for both the motorcyclist and the people around them.
One of a motorcyclist’s responsibilities is to be properly insured. According to insurance provider Nationwide, motorcycle insurance is required in the state of Ohio. This insurance helps the motorcyclist pay for damages (both property and personal) if they get into an accident. If a motorcyclist does not buy insurance and then causes an accident, they may be personally liable for any and all damages.
You may still be able to recover damages if the motorcyclist who caused your accident is uninsured. However, the motorcyclist’s assets may limit the amount you can recover. A Cincinnati uninsured motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to help you figure out the best way of approaching your case. Call us at (513) 407-4521 for more information and a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorcycle accident lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-963-2808
The Different Kinds of Compensation
People who were injured in a motorcycle crash may file a personal injury lawsuit. Those whose loved ones passed away because of the crash may file a wrongful death lawsuit. Regardless of the type of lawsuit you file or the injuries you (or your loved one) suffered, you may ask for both noneconomic damages and economic damages.
Defining Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages will compensate you for any physical and mental injuries. This can refer to many different types of injuries, including:
- Pain and suffering: for people who experienced distress—physical or psychological—as a result of their accident and/or injuries
- Disfigurement: for those whose injuries left them with disfiguring marks or scars
- Disability: for people whose injuries are so debilitating that they will never recover full function
- Loss of consortium: for those who lose their spouse in an accident
Defining Economic Damages
Economic damages will help you pay for any extra bills you accrued because of the accident. It may also make up for any negative effects your injuries have had on your career. As with noneconomic damages, economic damages can be quite diverse. They may include:
- Loss of income, benefits, etc.: for people whose injuries forced them to work less temporarily or to take time off
- Loss of employment: for those who lost their job as a direct result of their injuries
- Medical bills: for people who needed any type of medical treatment, from emergency care (e.g., an ER visit) to long-term care (e.g., hiring a home nurse)
- Repair bills: for those who suffered property damage and had to get their car fixed or replaced
Cincinnati Uninsured Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-963-2808
How Legal Representation May Help You
Try not to worry if all of the above sounds complicated. While lawsuits can be stressful and time-consuming, you do not have to file a lawsuit on your own. The Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to guide you every step of the way and do all of the hard work on your behalf.
Even before you hire us, we can evaluate your case at no charge and no obligation. If you do have a case and decide to retain our services, we will do everything we can to get you compensation. Depending on the specifics of your case, our services may include:
- Being your advisor: we will explain the legal process to you and help you make important decisions, like whether you should settle or go to trial.
- Identifying who is liable: you may already be aware of how your accident happened and who you can sue. Your lawyer will investigate your crash to confirm your suspicions and uncover any other pertinent information.
- Quantifying damages: we can help you figure out what types of damages you qualify for and how to calculate accurate dollar amounts for each of them.
- Filing paperwork: no legal task is too small for us to handle. Whenever it is necessary to submit a form, we may do it for you.
- Negotiating: rather than going straight to court, you often have the option of negotiating with the liable party for a settlement. Seeking compensation from an uninsured motorcyclist comes with its challenges, so it may be best to let your lawyer handle all negotiations.
- Going to court: if getting compensation from the liable party proves difficult, we can go to court. We may present evidence, locate and question witnesses, and more, all with the goal of convincing a jury to award you damages.
No matter what we have to do or how long your case takes, we will defend and advocate for you. Also, none of our services will cost you anything upfront; we wait until you have received compensation, and then we take our fee out of whatever you recover. If you do not receive compensation, you do not have to pay us anything.
As codified in Ohio Revised Code (ORC) § 2305.10, you are permitted to sue for damages after an accident, but only for a limited time. If you are even considering filing a lawsuit, call the Fitch Law Firm LLC at (513) 407-4521. A member of our team will help you figure out the next steps and explain how a Cincinnati uninsured motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to assist you with your case.