If you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Cincinnati, you are not alone. A lawyer with the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to assist you. Navigating the complexities of insurance law, medical coverage policies, and local state accident statutes can be difficult for anyone, especially someone trying to recover from accident injuries.
A Cincinnati motorcycle accident lawyer from our team can handle these tasks and more when we represent you. We also represent families whose loved ones were killed in Cincinnati motorcycle accidents in wrongful death lawsuits. You can learn about your rights after a motorcycle accident in a free consultation with a member of our team. We may be able to represent you on a contingency fee basis with no advance payments necessary.
Working with a Lawyer on Your Cincinnati Motorcycle Accident Case
When you work with an attorney from the Fitch Law Firm LLC, you can concentrate on your treatments and healing while we provide you with a variety of legal services. These may include:
- Handling all communications and paperwork on your behalf
- Collecting evidence to support your case
- Obtaining CCTV, dashcam, or surveillance footage of the accident, if available
- Evaluating your losses
- Putting together a claim on your behalf
- Making sure your case complies with all applicable Ohio laws
- Negotiating with your insurance provider and the at-fault parties involved in the accident
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Our team will also be there to answer your questions and keep you informed about your case throughout the duration of our work together.
Our Fee Structure
When we sign on to represent you, we provide our services on a contingency fee basis. In this arrangement, you would not owe us attorney’s fees unless you recover compensation in a settlement offer or court award. As a result, you can:
- Receive legal representation without paying fees up front
- Avoid paying anything if we do not win your case
- Feel reassured that we will work hard to secure your compensation
- Skip paying us directly, as our fee comes out of the damages that we recover for you
We work to make the filing process as painless and stress-free as possible for each of our clients.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-545-3930
Cincinnati Motorcycle Accident Injuries Could Qualify You for Compensation
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than 5,000 motorcyclists were killed on U.S. roadways in 2019. NHTSA also reports that motorcycle riders are about 29 times more likely to suffer a fatal accident than passenger car occupants, in part because of the lack of protection motorcycle riders have. Motorcycle riders have much less protection and insulation from the blunt force trauma and impact of an accident than vehicle occupants.
Motorcycle accidents can lead to serious and life-altering injuries, substantial medical care bills, and an inability to work after the accident. Even mild or moderate injuries can have a substantial impact on the financial stability of the victim and their family. Some common types of motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Head and brain trauma
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Lacerations and bruising
- Broken and fractured bones
- Nerve injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Loss of limb or amputation
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
If you suffered any of these or similar injuries after a motorcycle accident in Cincinnati, you have a right to seek compensation from the liable party. Whether you are seeking damages after you or your loved one experienced an accident, a lawyer from our team wants to help.
Damages You Could Recover in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Depending on how your accident happened, who was at fault, and the extent of the damages you suffered, you may be able to file a claim for the following:
- Medical care and treatment costs, including the costs of medications, surgery, therapy, and diagnostic tests
- Long-term therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income if you were unable to work due to your accident
- Vehicle and property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring, disfigurement, disability, and/or amputation
- And more
If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, a different set of damages may be available to you, such as:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Medical costs for treating the injuries prior to your loved one’s death
- Wages and benefits the deceased will no longer be able to provide
- And more
Our team at the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you determine which costs, damages, and losses you may be able to seek in a compensation claim based on the unique circumstances of your case.
Cincinnati Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Liability for Cincinnati Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm can investigate your Cincinnati case and determine who is liable for your injuries when we represent you. The liable party may include a driver, mechanic, or another motorist whose negligence led to your accident.
Medical records, photos of the accident scene, and eyewitness testimony can be used to support your case, so be sure to hold on to any evidence you already have. Our team can use this to begin our investigation into who may be responsible.
When a Road User Is Liable for a Motorcycle Collision
Many car and truck drivers are unfamiliar with the driving rules related to sharing the road with motorcycle riders. Because of the small size of motorcycles compared to other vehicles, inattentive drivers may be unaware of the presence of a motorcycle on the road until it is too late. When a driver exhibits one of the following behaviors, they could be responsible for damages in an accident case:
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Sudden lane changes
- Failure to yield
- Failure to abide by traffic signals and laws
- Following too closely
- Unsafe passing maneuvers
Many other negligent behaviors can contribute to a motorcycle accident as well. Our team will work hard to uncover proof of what happened when a driver is at fault.
When Other Parties May Be Responsible for a Cincinnati Motorcycle Accident
It is possible for third parties not present at an accident scene to be liable for a crash. A vehicle manufacturer, mechanic, or construction team may be responsible for motorcycle accidents caused by:
- Poor lighting or poor weather conditions
- Inadequate or missing road signage
- Damaged roadways
- Faulty vehicle maintenance or manufacturing
If you believe another party’s negligence caused your or your loved one’s motorcycle accident, our team wants to hear from you. A representative of our firm is standing by to offer you a free consultation regarding your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Accidents in Ohio
While our Cincinnati motorcycle accident lawyer can go over the specifics of your accident during your free consultation, we can answer some of your questions right now to help you get started.
Q: Should I Speak to the Insurance Company?
A: It’s best to let your attorney handle all communications with insurance companies after the accident. The other party’s insurance company may find any way to assign blame to you and reduce your compensation or eliminate your right to recover damages.
By letting our attorney speak to and negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf, you protect your chances of seeking financial recovery that can help you recover from the accident.
Q: Should I Accept a Settlement from the Insurance Company?
A: You should never accept a settlement from the insurance company until you’ve consulted an attorney. Your lawyer can evaluate your case and determine what a worthwhile settlement looks like for you. If you accept any settlement before getting help from a lawyer, you risk losing out on large amounts of compensation that you are entitled to receive.
Q: What if I’ve Been in a Hit-and-Run Accident?
A: Being in a hit-and-run accident can be even more stressful, confusing, and scary. If your Cincinnati motorcycle accident was a hit and run, we can work with your motorcycle and vehicle insurance policies to recover compensation. We can also file a claim through any uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage policies you may have.
Q: What if the Accident Is Partially My Fault?
A: No motorist is perfect. We understand that you may have contributed to your Cincinnati motorcycle accident, and we can determine how Ohio’s contributory negligence statute applies to your case. If you are found partially at fault, you may still be able to recover compensation.
Q: What if I Wasn’t Wearing a Helmet During My Motorcycle Accident?
A: Ohio does not legally require motorcycle operators to wear a helmet unless they are under 18 years old or have had their motorcycle license for one year or less. Just because you weren’t wearing a helmet doesn’t mean you can’t seek compensation for your injuries, which may be more severe since you didn’t have that added protection. We can still help you recover compensation.
Q: What Do I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
A: Follow these steps after a motorcycle accident to preserve evidence and improve your recovery:
- Seek medical attention right away.Document your injuries and start treatment as soon as you can. Doing so ensures you have proof of your accident-related injuries and can get you on the road to recovery.
- File an accident report with the police. Call 911 while you’re at the scene of the accident if you can. File a report with the police to document the accident.
- Document the scene. If you can, take photos or video of your bike, the other vehicle, impacted property, road hazards, and other aspects of the accident scene. This becomes key evidence when filing a claim or pursuing a lawsuit to recover compensation.
- Don’t get your motorcycle fixed or replaced. Wait until after you’ve had the bike’s damage evaluated by our team and/or your insurance company. Photos don’t always show all the damage that you need help paying for.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney’s office ASAP. An attorney can help you preserve evidence, file insurance claims, and exhaust your legal options for recovering compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Fitch Law Firm LLC for a Free Case Assessment After a Cincinnati Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can be traumatic and forever alter the course of your life. If you are a motorcycle accident victim, it can be difficult to handle insurance paperwork and file a claim for damages while you recover from your injuries. A motorcycle accident lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm may be able to manage these tasks on your behalf when we represent you in Cincinnati.
There isn’t much time to take action, given that Ohio’s deadline for personal injury under Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 is just two years from the accident date. Our team is ready to review your case for free today. Contact our team as soon as possible to begin your complimentary consultation.