Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and hospital administrators are expected to use their skills to help people get better. But if a medical professional’s actions have only led to serious injury on you or a loved one, it may be a case of medical malpractice. Pursuing a malpractice claim could be your opportunity to recover your substantial expenses and get your life back on track.
Enlist an effective medical malpractice law firm to handle your claim and help you get compensated. In the Cincinnati, Ohio area, contact the trusted Fitch Law Firm. Our firm provides solid legal advice and successfully represents medical malpractice claimants. Call us today at (513) 407-4521 for a free consultation.
Silent Victims of Malpractice in Cincinnati
Medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the US, surpassed only by heart disease and cancer. This alarming report from Johns Hopkins Medicine highlights the devastating consequences of mistakes by medical professionals.
Yet successful medical malpractice claims in the country are declining steadily. Many of these cases are abandoned by the plaintiffs themselves, according to the Office of Insurance Commissioner.
In Ohio alone, only about 25 percent of medical malpractice claims result in indemnity payments. This means the majority of claimants end up without the compensation they deserved. These numbers also do not account for medical negligence victims who never even initiate a claim.
Don’t be a silent victim of medical malpractice. While it is natural to question the strength of your claim, this should not discourage you from at least seeking legal answers. Consult an experienced malpractice attorney to understand your case better and learn about your legal options.
At the Fitch Law Firm, your initial consultation is free and confidential. We’ll visit you at home or at the hospital if needed. On top of these, you won’t have to pay us any hourly rates – we don’t charge any lawyer fee unless and until we win your case.
We do these because we want to empower you to claim what you deserve.
In our decades of service, we have seen the profound impact of medical malpractice on Ohioans. Individuals and families suffer from worsened medical conditions, mounting hospital bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. Their quality of life dramatically changes. They sacrifice many privileges, and sometimes, they tragically lose a loved one.
All this because they entrusted their health to a medical professional who turned out to be negligent. These are things they should be compensated for.
Seek legal advice if you suspect that you or a loved one is a victim of malpractice. We at the Fitch Law Firm are ready to discuss your case with you. Call (513) 407-4521 today for your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-963-2808
What Is Medical Malpractice? Types And Examples in Cincinnati OH Hospitals
Medical malpractice occurs when a physician or other medical professional fails in their duty of care to a patient, directly causing the patient’s injury or worsened illness. Whether it’s at Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Mercy Health, The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati VA Hospital or any other healthcare center a malpractice claim has to establish four elements:
- That there was a doctor-patient relationship wherein the doctor owed a duty of care to the patient
- That the doctor failed this duty of care
- That the doctor’s failure directly caused the patient’s harm
- That the harm is quantifiable under the law.
This can happen at any point in a doctor-patient relationship, and any medical professional may be held liable. Take a look at these common examples:
- Birth injuries – applying too much force, delaying a necessary Caesarian delivery, failing to respond to mother’s or infant’s distress
- Diagnosis error – missed diagnosis, delayed diagnosis, or inaccurate diagnosis
- Emergency room error – neglecting the patient’s medical history, administering the wrong medication, not responding promptly to serious signs of distress
- Surgical error – injuring a nerve, leaving a surgical tool in the patient’s body, operating in unsanitary conditions, performing the wrong procedure
- Anesthesia error – giving the wrong anesthetic drugs or dosage, failing to anticipate the patient’s reaction to the anesthetics, delaying the administration of anesthetics
- Hospital neglect – inadequate staffing, failing to screen employees, neglecting equipment maintenance or sanitation
- Pharmaceutical/Medication error – doctor prescribing the wrong medication, pharmacist mislabeling drugs, nurse administering the incorrect drug dosage.
Cincinnati Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 614-963-2808
What You May Be Entitled To In a Cincinnati Malpractice Claim
Patients may receive costly injuries when doctors and hospitals make mistakes. Rightfully, the law entitles medical malpractice victims to compensation for their economic and non-economic losses. Here are some common damages you may be paid for:
- Hospital bills
- Current and future treatment costs
- Rehabilitation or therapy
- Lost wages
- Lost capacity to earn
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life.
If the doctor’s mistake sadly resulted in the wrongful death of your loved one, you may be able to claim other unique damages. These include funeral and burial expenses, lost benefits, lost companionship or consortium, and lost guidance and care. Obtaining monetary compensation for these can never replace the life lost, but it can help you cope with the many practical concerns following your beloved’s death.
Many people ask how much they could obtain in a medical malpractice claim. The answer to this depends on several factors such as the severity of the injury and the circumstances that led to it.
To give you a few examples, the Fitch Law Firm has obtained $2.65 million in a birth injury case, $1.55 million in a delayed diagnosis wrongful death case, and $1.2 million in a delayed diagnosis injury case.
Talk to us at the Fitch Law Firm to know the maximum compensation you may be entitled to. Call (513) 407-4521 to arrange a case evaluation.
Crucial Things To Know In Your Ohio Malpractice Claim
- Do not delay. The “statute of limitations” law restricts the time to file a claim. In Ohio, you must file your claim within one year after you discovered or should have reasonably discovered your medical malpractice injury. After a year, you may likely lose the right to bring a lawsuit.
- You may not need to go to court. In fact, medical malpractice cases are frequently settled before even having a trial date. However, even in out-of-court negotiations, it is important that you are protected by a lawyer. You can expect that the doctor or hospital you are up against is well-resourced and prepared to undermine your claim. Your attorney is crucial in leveling the playing field.
- Expert knowledge is vital. A malpractice claim greatly relies on medical experts’ testimonies. Your lawyer should be able to bring on an expert to support your claim with persuasive medical opinion. For your part, you’ll want to be honest and open with the expert when discussing your medical injury.
- Choose the right lawyer. Not every lawyer can handle a case as challenging as medical malpractice. Be discerning when choosing an attorney to avoid wasting money, time, and effort. Look for one who has extensive experience and has been proven successful in this legal area. It also helps to read their testimonials to see how the lawyer deals with clients. You’ll want your attorney to be considerate towards you during this period in your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Choose an Experienced Cincinnati Hospital Negligence & Medical Malpractice Attorney
A few reasons why medical malpractice claimants in Ohio trust the Fitch Law Firm:
- Experienced advantage. With over 30 years of combined experience, we are honed in effective strategies in and out of court.
- Fearless representation. We have handled complex cases against powerful doctors and insurance companies, and we remain uncompromising on behalf of our clients.
- Compassionate service. Our attorneys are accessible and responsive, and our entire team is considerate when talking to you.
- You don’t risk your money. You won’t have to pay any lawyer fees unless and until we obtain an amount for you. We’ll only charge based on how much you win.
The Fitch Law Firm is experienced, resourceful, and skilled at injury cases, particularly medical malpractice. These are some of the crucial tasks we do for our malpractice clients:
- Obtaining comprehensive medical records
- Pinpointing the cause of injury and all potential liable parties
- Strategizing on how the law can best apply in the case
- Enlisting medical experts to provide strong support
- Gathering and tactically presenting evidence
- Contending with defense lawyers in a skillfully and assertively.
We can do these for you, too. Reach out to the Fitch Law Firm today so we can assess your case.
If you think that you or someone in your family has been harmed by medical malpractice, let the Fitch Law Firm to help you. Talk to us about your case. Call (513) 407-4521 today.