It can be difficult and stressful handling the physical, financial, and emotional consequences of car accident injuries. One minute, you are traveling carefully and safely; the next, you are suffering from painful injuries, medical bills, emotional distress, and more.
Thankfully, there is help. You can connect with the Fitch Law Firm LLC for representation and support while you seek justice in your Cincinnati car accident claim. You may be able to recover compensation for the various losses you suffered if your vehicle accident was due to another party’s negligence.
Taking Action in Your Cincinnati Collision Case
If you were hurt in a Cincinnati crash, you may be able to pursue a legal claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. The compensation you could recover would help pay expenses, relieve stress, and let you get on with your life.
The key to obtaining compensation after a crash is to prove fault and liability lies with the other party. To do this, you may want to enlist an attorney to handle your accident case. In the Cincinnati area, our attorneys at the Fitch Law Firm LLC have a track record of effectively helping Ohioans secure financial recovery through insurance claims and settlements or at trial.
Free Consultation and No Fees Up Front
We offer complimentary case evaluations and represent injured clients based on contingency. We will not ask you to pay any upfront fees for our services or resources. Our attorney’s fees are paid as part of the monetary award or settlement you receive from your Cincinnati car accident case. If we don’t help you collect financial compensation, you don’t owe us any money. That’s our no-fee guarantee. It helps us better serve our community. When you need justice, money should not be a barrier. A contingency fee price structure gives access to qualified legal help to those who need it, and it allows us to start working on your case as soon as it’s accepted.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-545-3930
What Can I Recover in My Cincinnati Auto Accident Injury Claim?
For many people, the first thing they ask is how much they can receive for their car accident claim. The answer varies widely, depending on the specific factors of the case. For example, clients of the Fitch Law Firm LLC have recovered:
- Several millions of dollars based on their life-altering, catastrophic injuries; or
- A few thousand dollars for relatively minor injuries and vehicle repairs
Most fall somewhere between these two extremes. Before we begin settlement negotiations, we can help you understand what a fair offer might look like based on the value of your losses.
Types of Recoverable Damages in an Ohio Crash
The impact of a car accident goes beyond physical injuries and vehicle damage. There are many related costs and losses, as well. This includes being unable to work and suffering mental anguish over everything you face. The law recognizes this, and you may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages have a quantifiable dollar amount, such as hospital bills, rehabilitation costs, missed earnings, and lost ability to work.
- Non-economic damages may be less tangible but may be assigned a dollar value. Examples are pain and suffering, emotional distress, and disfigurement.
If you lost a loved one in a crash, you may have a wrongful death case against the liable party. This could entitle you to other damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Mental anguish
- Lost benefits from the deceased
- Lost consortium (marital companionship)
- Lost guidance and nurturing (in parental relationships)
With many intricate factors involved, it is difficult to put an accurate value on a car accident claim without an investigation and knowledge of how the insurers and courts look at non-economic losses.
Possible Options for Recovering Compensation After a Cincinnati Car Accident
Ohio is an at-fault insurance state, so if your car accident occurred in Cincinnati or anywhere else in the state, you have multiple options for seeking compensation with fewer barriers than in no-fault states. You may be able to:
- File an insurance claim with your car insurance company to cover certain losses under your PIP policy, collision coverage, or Medpay.
- File an insurance claim against the at-fault driver’s liability insurance.
- Sue the negligent party in court.
- File a claim for your uninsured/underinsured motorist protection if you were in a hit-and-run accident or if the other driver did not have insurance. You could also file a claim if the other driver does not have enough coverage.
You can speak to a team member from the Fitch Law Firm LLC for free today. We can discuss your accident, assess your case, and guide you on your best legal options. Your initial consultation with us is free and confidential, and you will not pay any lawyer fees unless and until we obtain money for you.
Cincinnati Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Crash Insurance Claim in Cincinnati?
After a car accident, some people may think that working with a law firm is unnecessary. However, they often do not realize how time-consuming, stressful, and expensive it can be to prepare, file, support, and negotiate a claim and settlement.
Trying to manage this process on your own might turn out to be a costly mistake. You may spend a lot of time, money, and energy navigating the process and end up receiving much less than you deserve.
One of our injury attorneys can thoroughly assess what your case is truly worth and negotiate for it. This is rarely a straightforward process, as there are always specific factors and circumstances that affect the compensation amount in each case.
The At-Fault Insurer Is Not Looking Out for Your Best Interests After a Cincinnati Car Crash
You must consider many things when pursuing compensation, and the insurance company representing the at-fault driver will consider them, too. This could include:
- Was the accident partly your fault?
- Does insurance cover all your claimed injuries and losses?
- Do you have a pre-existing condition that played into your injury?
- Did your injuries occur in some other way?
- Did you get medical care immediately and follow all treatment guidelines?
- Did you miss any applicable deadlines?
These are the kind of specifics insurance adjusters use to minimize the value of a crash victim’s case. Defending your rights against them can be difficult. Our attorneys understand their tactics and how to avoid falling victim.
There are various other methods insurers use to undermine claims, as well. These are known as “delay, deny, and defend” tactics. With a lawyer on your side, you can effectively anticipate the workings of insurance negotiations and look out for these tricks.
Your attorney will also bring other benefits, including:
- A skillful command of the law
- Strong strategies in case-building
- Fearlessness even in the face of powerful insurers
This is how you can protect yourself from being taken advantage of and fight for the settlement you need and deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hiring a Cincinnati, Ohio, Car Accident Lawyer to Represent You
The lawyers at the Fitch Law Firm LLC have over 30 years of experience. We have faced all major insurance companies and obtained settlements from them on behalf of our clients. We also have trial experience, securing verdicts and court awards on behalf of injured clients.
Working with us means receiving personal attention and compassionate help from our Cincinnati car accident lawyer. We handle all parts of your case with the understanding that you need this time to recover physically, but you also must know how your case is progressing. Some of our main services as your legal counsel include:
Communicating With Other Parties
The number of phone calls and people to keep up with can make filing an insurance claim a burden to even think about. Our attorney will take on the responsibility of communicating with the other parties in your case.
You don’t have to worry about missing a phone call, answering question after question, or requesting information. Our car accident lawyer will speak to insurance companies, police, medical care providers, and others on your behalf. We manage communications by email, phone call, teleconference, or in-person meetings.
Leading an Investigation Into Your Cincinnati Car Accident
A thorough investigation is the backbone of your entire case. Without it, it’s impossible to demand maximum compensation. Our personal injury lawyers serving Cincinnati put their years of experience to work to discover what caused your accident, who’s liable for it, and the evidence to back it up. We may gather police reports, medical records, witness statements, or crash scene reconstruction experts to support your case.
Negotiating a Just Settlement
Your injury lawyers will protect your rights and advocate for your interests during settlement negotiations. We will pursue the maximum compensation your case demands.
Filing a Civil Lawsuit Against the Liable Party
We know that negotiations don’t always go as we plan or hope for. Still, we strategically build a case that can stand up in court from the beginning. If the defendant or his insurance company refuses to offer a just and proper settlement, we will take the necessary legal action to get what you deserve.
Fault and Liability in a Cincinnati Car Accident Case
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we examine many details of each car accident to help establish who was at fault and how much they are liable for. The way we investigate these cases and the cause of a crash depends on the type of vehicle collision. Some common types of car accidents are:
- Rear-end collision: Occurs when a vehicle behind you hits the back (rear) part of your car
- T-bone collision: Also called side-impact or broadside impact, this is when the side of your vehicle is struck by another car
- Head-on collision: Occurs when another vehicle’s front smashes straight into the front part of your car
- Rollover: This is when your car tips to its side. This typically happens to taller vehicles such as SUVs and may be caused by a collision, bad road conditions, or unsafe vehicle design
- Multi-vehicle pileup: An accident that involves three or more vehicles
- Single-car crash: If your car is the only one involved in your accident, it does not automatically mean it was your fault; liability could include other parties, such as a hazardous condition of a public road, inadequate traffic signs and warnings, or a malfunctioning part in your vehicle
Another detail we investigate is the negligent act of the at-fault party. In addition to irresponsible drivers, other negligent parties could include:
- Car manufacturers
- Car parts distributors
- Public road agencies
Take a look at these common examples of negligence related to vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated or impaired
- Running a red light
- Failure to yield
- Driving while drowsy
- Operating a recalled vehicle
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Manufacturing unsafe vehicles
- Selling or distributing defective devices
- Failure to install necessary traffic signs
- Neglecting the unsafe condition of a public road.
It takes legal know-how and resourcefulness to prove a party’s negligence. This is especially important in states like Ohio, which follows the “modified comparative negligence” rule. Under this principle, each at-fault party in an accident is liable according to their amount of fault. If you were partially at fault in your crash, the courts could reduce your amount of compensation accordingly.
Car Crashes in Cincinnati, Ohio
According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, in 2017 alone, Ohio had a total of 303,298 motor vehicle crashes. From those car crashes:
- 823 car occupants died
- 98,646 suffered injuries
Unfortunately, Cincinnati can be a perilous place to drive. The Ohio Department of Transportation recently found that 33 of Ohio’s most dangerous intersections are in the Greater Cincinnati area. This includes:
- Colerain Avenue at State Route 126, averaging 71.46 crashes per year
- River Road at State Route 264, averaging 52.84 crashes per year
- Colerain Avenue at Virginia Avenue, averaging 48.36 crashes per year
- US 50 at Freeman Avenue, averaging 36.75 crashes per year
- Colerain Avenue at West Galbraith Road, averaging 31.84 crashes per year
If you suffered injuries and losses due to a Cincinnati, Ohio, auto accident, you deserve an attorney who will not treat your case as just another statistic. The Fitch Law Firm LLC is fully committed to each of our client’s cases and pays attention to their particular circumstances.
Why Choose the Fitch Law Firm LLC to Be Your Cincinnati Auto Accident Lawyer?
Thousands of Ohioans trust the Fitch Law Firm LLC to help them obtain compensation following a crash. These are some of the reasons why our clients say they are happy with us:
- Proven effective. Our multimillion-dollar case results can speak for us.
- Experienced advantage. With over 30 years of experience in personal injury law, particularly car accidents, our lawyers can handle a case in and out of the courtroom.
- Publicly trusted. Legal organizations and the media recognize us.
- You risk no money with us. You will not have to pay attorney’s fees unless and until we obtain a financial recovery for you.
- Considerate consultation. Your initial consultation with us is free, and we will travel to you as needed.
- Compassionate treatment. We do not want you to experience any unnecessary stress in your claim. This is why we will work closely with you, answer your questions clearly, and communicate openly regarding your case.
- Always accessible. Free calls are available to you 24/7.
We recommend calling us as soon as your injuries are stable. We need to get to work on auto collision cases quickly. In general, the deadline for suing an at-fault driver includes:
- Two years from a personal injury accident under Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10
- Two years from the date of a wrongful death under Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02
We need to meet these deadlines to protect your right to seek fair compensation from the at-fault driver. Connect with us as soon as you are able to ensure we have time to build a case and take the necessary steps to prove your case.
Let Our Legal Team Review Your Cincinnati Car Accident Case for Free Today
If you suffered injuries or someone in your family died in a Cincinnati auto accident, the Fitch Law Firm LLC may be able to help you. With one of our lawyers representing you and a family-like team supporting you, you can pursue the compensation you need based on the facts of your accident case.
Call us today for a free consultation about your accident. If we take your case, our Cincinnati car accident lawyer can start working for you without any upfront fees. We get paid only if we recover compensation for you.