If you or someone you love was injured when a driver collided with your bicycle, our Cincinnati bicycle accident lawyer would help you explore your options for financial compensation. Our personal injury team at The Fitch Law Firm LLC builds an effective case on your behalf by obtaining the evidence that documents your right to compensation.
We will present your evidence in an organized and prompt fashion to the at-fault party’s insurance company. Most times, the collective evidence will prompt an out-of-court resolution to your case. Some cases may have to go to court to get an appropriate compensation. Our team will represent you in and out of court, striving for the best possible outcome in your case.
Recovering Economic and Non-Economic Damages After a Bicycle Accident
When compared to vehicle drivers and passengers, bicyclists are largely unprotected from the physical impact of a collision. A collision can leave you with serious, even life-threatening injuries. The cost of treating your injuries until you recover—and the expenses and losses that stem from your injuries—are compensable under Ohio Revised Code Section 2315.18.
Your medical bills are part of the economic damages you can recover. If applicable, they also include lost wages, damage to your bicycle, and funeral and burial expenses for a lost loved one. The non-economic damages you can recover include pain and suffering, permanent scarring, and disabling impairments.
The loss of a loved one entitles you to collect compensation for many different types of losses associated with the wrongful death. These include the loss of their companionship, comfort, guidance, and support. Our case assessment team will review your damages for accuracy and ensure no valid losses were overlooked or omitted.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Cincinnati, call 614-545-3930
What You Need to Know About the Statute of Limitations in Bicycle Cases
Getting compensation after your accident can be a time-sensitive legal matter. The state’s filing deadline indicates how long you have to file your lawsuit after an accident.
- Generally speaking, the personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date the accident occurred, under Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally two years, but from the date of your loved one’s passing, under Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02
The filing deadline can vary if, for instance, a child younger than 18 was the injured bicycle rider involved in the collision.
Cincinnati Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 614-545-3930
Driver Behaviors That Lead to Bicycle Accidents
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data, vehicle versus bicycle accidents have steadily increased since 2009. Driver behaviors that contribute to these accidents include:
- Alcohol or drug involvement
- Interior and exterior distractions
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, our bicycle accident lawyers will help you get to the bottom of the cause of your Cincinnati accident. Our team then goes to work establishing the at-fault driver’s negligence.
The Importance of Your Evidence File
An at-fault driver might not readily admit to causing an accident, and his insurance provider may stand behind their client until compelling evidence is presented. When we develop your evidence file, it will likely contain:
- Your crash report, containing identifying details of all involved parties, accident causes and contributing factors, witness statements, and police-generated photos and narratives
- Your medical records, containing descriptions of your injuries, your emergency and ongoing treatment protocol, and your anticipated prognosis
- Photos and videos depicting the accident scene, the at-fault vehicle’s damage, your damaged or destroyed bike, and road and weather conditions
We know how significant bicycle accident injuries can be, but we can obtain this evidence for you. This way, you can concentrate on your recovery or helping an injured loved one recover.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Advantages of Working With Our Personal Injury Team
When you are injured in an accident, your physical and financial recovery is our priority. After a bicycle accident, our personal injury team will take time to listen to your story with compassion and understanding.
We will investigate your case, interview witnesses, and develop a strategy to help you get the compensation you need for the at-fault driver’s negligence. We will:
- Respond to the insurance company’s demands
- Review your evidence file for accuracy
- Try to negotiate a favorable financial settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Our team will also advance the costs of preparing and filing your case. We work together on a contingency-fee basis, which means we do not charge you any fees until we recover damages for you.
We Can Help With the Settlement Process
The financial aftermath of a bicycle accident can take months or longer to resolve. Our team will manage the settlement negotiation process for you. To ensure you get the settlement you deserve, we will:
- Assess the value of your case
- Attempt to prove the at-fault driver’s negligence
- Compile the documents that support your case
- Communicate with all involved parties
- Receive and review settlement offers
- Help you make the best decision
We advise you on what to do, but the final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer is always yours to make. Our goal is to ensure your case is resolved in the best possible way so you can start putting your life back together.
Get Your Free Case Review Today
Were you, your child, or another loved one injured in a bicycle accident? At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, our bicycle accident lawyers will help you navigate the personal injury claims and/or lawsuit processes.
Contact our consultation team to review your Cincinnati bicycle accident and learn more about your compensation options by calling (513) 407-4521 today.